What is the congregation’s or organization’s vision for ministry? Additionally describe how this vision is lived out.
To glorify God by teaching his word and living his values; to grow in numbers while providing Christian education and fellowship opportunities.
How do you feel called to reach out to address the emerging needs of your community or constituency?
We have three worship services on Sunday providing leadership and resources to grow a flourishing youth group; ministries designed that will appeal to young families; continue to expand and enhance our music
program under the direction of our Music Director; support and advertise Trinity's Faith & Art ministry, especially for developmentally disabled persons in our community, and we provide Wednesday evening fellowship and Christian education opportunities.
How will this position help you to reach your vision and mission goals?
This position will provide leadership and support to the congregation and staff as we continue to work toward our vision and mission goals.
Provide a description of the characteristics needed by the person who is open to being called to this congregation and or organization.
We are a warm and inviting congregation searching for an Interim Pastor who will joyfully share in the ministry and life of our church. It is our prayer that this person will:
- Be filled with God's grace and grounded in love and prayer;
- Help us grow spiritually through Biblically based sermons and Bible study;
- Guide us as we grow in our personal and congregational lives of prayer;
- Be creative and be a demonstrated leader;
- Be passionate about pastoral care;
- Communicate effectively with people of all ages, both within the church and in our community;
- Lead by example and inspire us to share our faith and be faithful during this period of transition.
What specific tasks, assignments, and program areas will this person have responsibility?
- Preach, lead in worship, and provide a teaching ministry that will inspire spiritual growth and allow the church to fulfill its mission;
- Provide experienced leadership and guidance to the Session and congregation during the Pastor search process;
- Provide pastoral care to the congregation, particularly to those in crises;
- Participate in community programs and organizations;
- Maintain an active relationship with the Presbytery;
- Supervise church staff.